This product lists all available themes at CDIP.
How to use the “Theme List” Product
Simply click on the name of the desired theme.
You pick who you are (a theme) and where you are (a region) and
the site automatically sets user preferences and selects products
that reflect who you are and where you are.
Once you have picked your theme and region bookmark the page. It is your new CDIP homepage!
For example for offshore mariners we set latitude and longitude
units to degrees minutes seconds and units to standard. In addition
the timespan of interest is now to 1 day back.
See our tips section below to help you
change your region and select user preferences easily.
Use the table tools to sort and filter. The field label is linked
to a field definition. Mouseover a field label and get a quick
field description. You can display additional fields by clicking
on the “fields” table tool.
There are a variety of site-wide tools under "Tools" in the main
nav bar. These are products that every theme will find useful.
- Documents tool: along with all of our CDIP documents you can
also find faq's, glossary, news, station event information, publications
and contact us.
- Region select tool: select your region of interest. The first
time you select a region it will automatically be replaced by the
product list for your region. Upon subsequent selections you will
need to click on the X to view the product list.
- Bounds chooser tool: you can select arbitrary regions
and timespans using this tool. Remember to
bookmark those settings if you intend to use them repeatedly.
- User preferences tool: select your preference of units,
latitude and longitude format as well as your preferred time zone.
Remember to bookmark the url if you
intend to use those settings repeatedly.
- Product browser: if you want a product that is not
relevant to your theme, you can find it in this table along
with a short description.
- Theme list: all of the current themes are listed here
with a short description.
- Display mode: by selecting “full screen”
you can do away with the ugly banner and stretch out to the
full width of your browser window. In the future we hope
to make use of that real estate by allowing you to drag
products to regions of open space.
- Change your region: click on the region title in the
left hand menu.
- Get rid of the select region tool: click on the red X.
- Bookmark your settings: once you have selected who
you are and where you are (and any user preferences), bookmark
- View your theme homepage: click on the theme title of the top left menu window.