Links to CDIP - May 2009
- over 50 links from educational institutions
- over 100 links from non-profit, government, and informational sites
- over 275 links from commercial enterprises in many areas including:
- ocean recreation (surfing, boating, sailing, yahting, scuba diving, spearfishing, fishing, sea kayaking, triathalon etc.)
- real estate and development
- surveying and engineering
- community and city guides
User Survey (August 2000)
During the month of August 2000, an online questionnaire
was posted on the CDIP web site. The questionnaire was focussed on identifying
our community of users as well as eliciting feedback in order to help
improve our site. There were over 444 respondents who apparently took great
care to provide very constructive comments. We have compiled a small
summary of the survey responses. We are very grateful
to all of our users who put in the time and effort to provide such great feedback.
Suggestions in progress:
There were many requests for installation of additional buoys, especially in Mexico.
We have made some progress there. Progress has also been made extending the 3 day forecast
for special cases.
There were also
a few requests for links to other websites for additional information such as weather
and tide reports. We feel that these other sites are easily accessible.
For us to have the most efficient site possible and make it easy for our users to retrieve
information, we prefer to include only CDIP data.
- Model animation.
- More detailed regional models.
- Extend 3 day to 5 day forecast.
- Additional climatic summaries and trends.
- Enhance explanations of data types.
- Include additional coastal wind data.
Breakdown of user responses:
- Coast Guard
- Research and Education
- Coastal Planning and Management
- Commercial Fishing
- Marine Transportation
- Sport Fishing
Total number of Questionnaries filled out: 444
(Note: Users were allowed to select multiple categories for their
use of the CDIP website.)